Revisiting the past

Not too long ago i dreamt about my late grandma.  She passed away a few years back, and it was the first time i've dreamt about her and it woke me up from my sleep because.... she was in my dreams, and when you dream, most of the time you won't realise it.  Until I went kind of like, oh grandma! it feels like i haven't seen you in a long time that the sudden realization that she has passed a few years back that jolted me awake from my sleep.  She looks fine in my dreams, busy preparing for a party for a cousin of mine, and for me it feels like a sign that she's doing great in afterlife :)

similarly, not too long ago i had a conversation with a friend about me talking to the family about whatever problems i have.  i mean, to me my family has always guided me when i'm facing uncertainty about things in life. i mean, yes, we do have arguments and things *which family doesn't have it?* but when it comes to advice my parents are always the first one i turn to.  it was a very weird concept for that friend at that time and it wasn't acceptable, but everyone is entitled to their own opinions so i left the conversation at where it was.

today i had the realization of how that idea has changed dramatically. i'm not sure when that happened, but it was certainly a good change.

a part of me wished that sometimes we don't need something to happen before we start appreciating the ones we love around us.

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment